HOW TO MAKE ICED YERBA MATE
The traditional method of brewing Yerba Mate (with the calabash and the bombilla) is the most widespread in the world, but also the one that allows you to get the most out of the Yerba Mate leaf. In most countries where it is consumed, the infusion is brewed with hot water.
Thanks to our friends in Paraguay who created their own version of this popular infusion. Today we would like to share with you the national drink of Paraguay: Tereré! !
Tereré is the perfect thirst-quenching pick-me-up for hot summer days! Discover this simple preparation and you will definitely fall in love with this summer drink!
Here are the steps to follow to prepare your Tereré (iced mate)
Prepare your water
In a large bottle, add:
- +/- 750 ml of cold water
- Lots of ice cubes
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- Add lemon slices to your taste
Prepare your calabash
- Place your bombilla/straw in your calabash
- Add a little CITRUS yerba mate to the calabash until halfway
- Take the bottle and pour the water directly onto the Yerba, and drink it!
- Reinfuse the same Yerba up to 15 times during the day